Friday, January 10, 2014

2014 Theme Song of the Week: Brave

This past week, my students reflected upon 2013 and chose their ONE WORD for 2014. One of my students chose BRAVE and set a goal to take more risks and try new things this year. Immediately it got me thinking about that new Sara Barelles song, Brave. This afternoon, I came home and watched the video for the first time. I have been trying to search for songs that fit with each of my students' words. The music video made my night! I am definitely going to play it for the kids next week.

This got me thinking. I think I am going to play a song each week that aligns with one of my students' words. A theme song for their 2014!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! I think this will be great to add into my Tunes on Tuesday routine!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete